Wednesday, December 1, 2010

* PRAM * STROLLER * BUGGY *

Sejak dahulukala, ketika Zuzu dilahirkan, stroller plays a big role for kami yg amat suka berjalan dan tak reti duduk diam ni. Yet, we just got the cheapest one available in the market. The very first one was the Sweet Cherry that we bought from Tesco. And I still clearly remember that the price was about RM180+-. Itu pun me n Amet dah terketaq-ketaq tangan. Life at that time was quite hard for us. Still, we tried to give the best for Zuzu. Alhamdulillah... stroller murah tu amat berkualiti, kuat dan tahan walaupun ditolak atas batu, bukit, rumput and of course shopping malls. And Zuzu always found sleeping soundly in there :)

Zuzu at 6 months in SweetCherry, Ibu ketika muda :)

When I found myself pregnant of Yaya, and Zuzu was about 1 year plus, we bought a buggy for her because i want to keep the SweetCherry for Yaya. And this new buggy is from Tenderly, and even cheaper. It was just RM79!!! Alhamdulillah... this buggy also banyak sgt berjasa for us. Until one fine day, we left it in One Utama's parking. And that was the very last day we use the Tenderly. :(

*Gambar pun x sempat ambik dgn Tenderly Buggy nih sob sob *

Being living a hard and tough life at that time, I tak mampu nak belikan expensive, branded prams for my kids. I admit, bila jalan2 kat shopping mall, I keep my eyes watching those mothers proudly pushing their Quinny, Chicco, Maclaren and Combi. Those yg ada kids that close in age mcm Zuzu n Yaya are proudly using Phil& Teds that simply cost 4000 bucks! And I just left watching them, and always wish that I have stylish pram like that. I do have the "prams envy". Pity me.

And bila nak datang sini, I langsung tak terlintas nk bawak any stroller. As I thought "anak-anak dah besar" hehehe. So, masa kat airport tu, mmg merasa lah bila Yaya buat perangai and I terpaksa dukung dia yg amat berat itu. Rasa mcm nak cari kedai beli time2 tu jugak! But then, bila sampai sini, niat nak beli stroller tu terpadam gitu jek. Sebab bila jalan2 kt mall, selalunya ada kereta tolak for rental tu, or bila beli groceries, depa just masuk dlm trolley. So mcm so-so jek keperluannya.

Sampailah last week, bilamana ibu ayah nak berjalan, and the kids baru lepas demam, so semua mcm asyik x larat jek. Actually, awal2 lg kami dh rent the baby car tu. Tapi bila cik Yaya dah tertido, camana nak letak dlm tu? Maka barulah terasa betapa perlu dan pentingnya ada stroller. Setelah disurvey, jumpalah satu Chicco on sale. Harga ialah SR480++. Tapi sgt kecik and lgpun tinggal yg display jek. Mcm sh nak hancur bekas dipegang2 org. Amat x berpatutan dgn harganya.

Went to Mamas& Papas, which i tought might have a cheaper ones. Rupa-rupanya sini semua start dgn "thousand" ryals. Amboihhh.... kaya-kaya belaka ke pak arab nih. Range adalah from SR1000+ to SR7000+. Giler!!! Call me a cheapskate i dont mind. But i would not spend thousands for just a chair with wheels. I can make it on my own! heheheh...

Then, come the salesman said that one of it was having sales. So we ask him to kira harga, and it just left about SR450+. Ok good!!! Actually, I still buat muka masam sbb it's still too pricey for me. I was looking for SR200 punya. But encik Amet said, it is sangat berbaloi sbb harga actual dia sgt mahal and we get it at less than half price. Hmmm.... oklah..... encik Amet yg sgt pemurah hati pun membayar....

I bukan apa, dah biasa hidup susah, tak biasa dgn benda-benda mahal mcm ni. And I want my kids to live a moderate live. Supaya depa rasa mcmana org lain yg hidup susah. And not to hidup berlimpahkan kemewahan sejak kecik lagi. Huhuhu... so "makcik" am I?

So we got this Cybex Ruby in Chilli. Hmmm...me not very familiar with this brand. So I go back and google. So lega that the review says :

"Comparable to the Maclaren Volo, the Cybex Ruby is one of the lightest strollers on the market. Like other super lightweight buggies, the Cybex Ruby is no frill without alot of features. While it doesn't officially have a recline, it does have rest position. It is sleek and stylish and absolutely perfect for travel or throwing in the back of the car for quick errands.

The Ruby is a perfect stroller for travel or just for those days you need to run out with your child on a quick jaunt. It is slim on features which makes is super light in weight. The Ruby has rear wheel suspension and a lightweight aluminum frame. It also comes with a canopy, storage basket and rain cover. It is fun and functional for when you are on the go!"

Yaya tidoq lena tanpa amukan dalam buggy baru....

Note : Please, never think that 2 years is "dah besar" okeh. I mean, yes mmg dia besar dan sgt berat. But doesnt mean dah besar and boleh berfikir mcm org besar, where you can say "Adik jgn tido lagi ye...". No, a 2-years will sleep when they feel sleepy, anywhere anytime. A stroller is a need.