Wednesday, March 2, 2011

SINUSITIS

The very first time I felt this facial pain was during last Ramadhan. That time, the pain stayed for 2-3 days, then gone with the painkiller and followed by flu.

The pain's back again when the winter started. And this time it keep haunting me like almost everyday, and it last for weeks. Still, I tried my best with all my strength to control it all alone, but the painkiller was my best partner.

Day by day, the pain becomes more n more and it attacks like 4-5 days in a week. So, wherever I go, Ponstan is a must-have in my handbag. It makes me so uncomfortable and it is really-really annoying. Having struggle with the facial pain n headache, I still have to complete my house chores and look after the kids' needs.

Sometimes, when the pain becomes very strong, I did tell Amet, but just in joking tones "Abang, tolong ketuk kepala n muka ni kuat2 boleh dak, sakit gila!" And his respond will usually be "Hahahaha... mana ada orang sakit muka la.. sakit apa la ibu ni..hahaha..." Yeah, we really thought that "sakit muka" is just for fun! *die*

And this week, starts from Sunday, then Monday, Tuesday.... the pain has become seriously painful. I feel a lot of pressure and fullness inside my upper cheek, inside the nose, inside the eye-socket and very chronic headache. I feel like my face is going to blow off. Then yesterday, I finally realize that the Ponstan have finished and I've been taken the whole box in just weeks!

Yet, still thinking if I should ask Amet to take me the doctor or not. I didnt tell him that I was in pain for such a long time. As best as I can, I dont want to bother him. Dah la nak kena take me for the groceries and to the market, then nak kena ask him to the hospital pulak. I really-really feel so uncomfortable to do that. Being me, the super-independent back in Malaysia, I really rasa serba salah nk kena ajak Amet ke sana-sini. But here, I have no choice. IF ONLY I could just take the taxi.... Ohhh Saudi... :'((

Sob sob sob... with the muka paling kesian, I finally asked him to Lulu Hospital. Cut it short, doctor asked me to do x-ray. And yeah, as per expected, I got my maxillary sinuses block and filled with mucous and infections. That is why i feel the pressure and pain inside my right face.



Sinus ialah rongga-rongga and it suppose to be empty / just filled with air.



Sinusitis berlaku apabila rongga-rongga kosong tersebut terdapat mukosa berlebihan yang akhirnya menggalakkan bacterial/viral/fungal growth.

My x-ray shows that one side of my sinus has been infected and filled with mucous. While the other side is empty (good).

I am currently on Zinoximor (antibiotics), Clarinase (to clear the sinus) and Brufen (painkiller).

Helpful source of sinusitis HERE.

** Oh rupa-rupanya, yang I dok cakap sakit gigi tu is one of the symptoms. It so bad!