Sunday, February 6, 2011

IT AIN'T EASY

If most of you think that my life is so happy being a housewife of an engineer who work in Saudi, (selalu klu cakap keja kt Saudi, most people will "wooaaa...mesti kaya gila..") please.... dont think so.

Yes, please dont think that we are very the kaya one, as we still have lots of hutang piutang back in Malaysia. PTPTN jek dah about RM30K (for both of us), not to mention others... phewww (berpeluh di musim sejuk).

And yes, please dont think that I am very happy, sangat bahagia, with the smiling-all-day-long-face everyday. Who said bila dah tak keja, tak tensen? Huuwaaa...!!!

Now that Amet is in very the busy phase,(I'm praying hard that this phase will end very soon) he works days n nights. Last week n this week, he comes home quite late, and looking like a crap. Kesiannya.... He has been complaining almost everyday to me that his job here is very-very the tiring one. Letih not just because keja banyak, but also orang tak cukup, and partner yg tak reti buat keja, and kerenah vendor and mcm2. Oh, he has to walk here n there too,(kereta x dibenarkan bawak masuk dalam plant, and waiting for internal bus takes ages) which jarak of one place to another is usually not less than 2km!
(To those yg teringin sangat nak datang mencari rezeki kt sini.... bukanlah I nak cakap x payah datang, but just be prepared - physically AND mentally).

And setiap kali dia lewat sampai rumah, I will be so worry that he might be kena tumbuk dgn pak arab due to her sharp tongue, or he might fall down fainted somewhere in the plant sbb terlalu keletihan or so. And setiap kali lepas solat Asar is the time for me to pray for my Amet to be safe and dipermudahkan segala urusan pekerjaan n mendapat rezeki yg diberkatiNya.
(Handphone pun tak bleh bawak masuk dalam plant due to safety issues...)

While for me pulak, I just feel like a mak datin now. No! It's not because I rasa perasan that we are so kaya like those dato's n datins. But you know... that kind of mak datin yg boringnya duduk kt rumah sebab dato'nya asyik keja keja keja, bisnes sana, bisnes sini, meetings and so. Yes, I mean that feeling of loneliness like mak datin. Sob sob....
(Or maybe, kalau nk kata I look like a maid pun boleh kot. Cuma maid ni lawa sikit and she wears Zara... keh keh keh)

I just can get the full version of Amet only during weekends. Kalau hari-hari keja, as soon as he reach home, the first thing first yg akan keluar dari mulut dia ialah sumpah seranah n keluhan of his job of the day. After dinner, he will be online as there're still countless of emails to be replied.
Kesiannya... I wish I could help him some other way, but I studied biology instead of IT. Sorry...

And Saudi is definitely too far different from Malaysia, which has too many public holidays (jeles!). Here, we only have cuti hari raya puasa, cuti hari raya haji n national day. Apart from that, they dont care about the kings' birthdays or not even celebrate hari Maulidur Rasul or Nuzul Quran. (Oh, do u all know that we dont even realized it was New Year on last 1.1.11??? Seriousss....)

So these days, I tried my best not to bother him with remeh temeh things like my finger luka kena screw-driver while fixing the water pipe by myself, or kakak lebam kena ketuk dgn adik pakai lampu torchlight and so. Except for groceries, yang ni jek I paling kesian sbb tepaksa jugak ajak dia.

Kadang2 ada jugak idea bernas dalam kepala I : Kalau I pakai serban lilit kt kepala, then drive the car by myself, pergi beli ikan, OK kot................. what do u think???